Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good Times!

Some girlfriends of mine came to visit me and another friend Heather, who also lives in Nashville, the last week of February! Two of them are pregnant, so it meant a lot to both Heather and I that they came.
Both Karen's (the pregnant chicks) came in Thursday night and then Medea came in Friday night!
Heather had taken the Karen's (Karen L. and Karen B or Lil k, as we used to call her) to a Tea Shoppe on Friday, so I stopped by and chatted with them for a little bit on my lunch hour. Friday night after Dea came in, we just hung out at Heather and Kyle's house. Heather had a little boy (Lucas) back in December, so there were plenty of "Aunts" to hold and play with.
Saturday I took Dea and Karen B. around downtown to show them some of the sites and they were even able to catch some of the "Songwriter's Session" at The Country Music Hall of Fame and then we hooked back up with Heather and Lil k and headed to the Wildhorse Saloon. My friend Tonya came into Nashville and joined us.
As we were going to the Wildhorse, Heather had dropped off the Karen's and Dea so that they didn't have to walk so far from the parking garage. I had rode with Tonya from Heather's house, just incase we got separated from Heather, so that Tonya would know how to get there. Well, when Heather, Tonya and I walk into the Wildhorse, I see this guy over talking to the girls and I immediately get ticked off! So I walked over and got in between Karen L and Dea and asked them if this guy was bothering them. Karen L gave me this look, as she is sitting there 7 months pregnant, like "he's not bothering me!" However, Dea gave me a look of "Yes, he's bothering me", sooooo...I go into "bouncer" mode and I got in between Dea and "Drunk Man". I turned to him and said "I'm sorry, but this is a private party and I need you to take off!" Now, let me just tell you that the man was so drunk that if I would have taken a breathalizer test right then, I probably would of failed it! Anyway, apparently "Drunk Man" thinks that he is going to convince me that there is probable friendship that is taking place between him and Dea. Because he steps closer to me and says in is drunk redneck voice "Uh, well her and I wer' gettin' to know each otha and..." that's when I interrupted him and said "Well, her and I have known each other alot longer and I'm asking you to take off". As soon as I said that, "Drunk Man's" buddy comes up from behind him and decides to remove him from us and from Wildhorse. I can not tell you how close I was to slugging "Drunk Man, I was so mad! Now, I would say that normally I am not a violent type of person, okay I have some road rage that I need to work on. But anyway, I have never wanted to hit some one so bad in my life like I wanted to hit this guy! I wanted to lay him out!!!!! If he would of just walked way when I said something to him the first time, I would have been fine, but when he challenged me, then I got mad. Come to find out, Dea had even told him that she was happily married and had two kids. His response was "I've got kids too!" What an idiot!! Anywho...so I'm glad that I was able to bring a little excitement to the group! The rest of the evening was alot of fun! My nickname now at work is "Scrappy".
After that, the weekend was really uneventful!!! :-) We spent alot of time talking, catching up and just spending time together! Lil k headed back on Sunday morning, Dea headed out Monday night and Karen L left Tuesday morning. So they were here almost a week! It was great!
God has truly blessed me with beautiful friends, inside and out!
(I forgot that I have pictures at work, so I will have to post them later!)

No comments: