Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Magnificient Tree House

This summer after seeing a video by a country duo that had shot their video in a tree house, I was inspired to find the tree house! Well, I was in luck, the tree house that had been in the video was the tree house in Crossville, TN about 1.5 hours away. So one Saturday morning I decided to go in search of the tree house. I was not disappointed at all, this tree house was incredible!!!! I was a little nervous that I had taken the wrong road, because the road turned into a dirt road that went beside this field, I thought for sure, I was trespassing on some farmers land....maybe he would be single...I digress! Anywhoo...I found the tree house! I wish I would have known about this tree house when Katie was visiting, she would have loved to have seen it.
Apparently this man felt that God was calling him to build this tree house, there is no charge to go into the tree house, he just wants people to enjoy it. I wish I would have gotten to meet him, it would have been fun to talk to him.

This was the road going to the tree house!

The view driving up to the tree house


The entrance to the tree house

There were some old desks and chairs set up

There were pews, a cross and a stand with a bible on it in the middle of the tree house, there was a group there that had a church service there. It was so neat to hear them singing the old church hymns, you could hear them all over the tree house.



There were different stained glass pictures throughout the tree house, this one was my favorite!

I'm not really sure if it is a good idea to have a wood burning stove in a tree house!!

This is what the South call a sauna

This little ladder led to the steeple where the bells were, yes I climbed the ladder, that was very scary, trying to maneuver a camera and making sure to not fall...and I am not graceful! Thankfully, I did not fall!

These bells were made out of iron drums


This was one side of the tree house

The backside of the tree house with a swing that you could swing on and yes I swung on the swing!

This was in front of the tree house

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is not a tree house, that is a tree mansion! WOW!! I want to go there with you the next time I come and visit! That is amazing!
Medea