This past Saturday, I spent the day with my good friend Sherry. Her husband Bob got us tickets for the Casting Crowns concert that was going to be taking place that evening. Bob, if you are reading this, you did a great job on the seats, YOU ROCK!!!! Anyway, Sherry and I thought it would be fun to spend the whole day together.
We had lunch at my place and then we decided to do a little shopping, I needed to get some stuff at Hobby Lobby. We decided to stop at Goody's on the way and I was given some very sad news. The two closest Goody's stores are closing, yep, you heard me, going out of business! It about brought a tear to my eye! For those of you who have never heard of Goody's, it's an AWESOME clothing store! Better quality then
Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart prices!!! I even got my mom hooked on Goody's (It's okay mom, I've heard there are still a couple around, they just aren't that close!)
I treated myself to a new purse and a wallet, yes, the purse is orange! Sherry did a little damage at Goody's too, although I don't remember what she got all of a sudden. We then headed to Hobby Lobby! Sherry and I found some fun stamps for my Sunday School kids to play with, what a great teacher I am - humble too! By the time we got done in both stores, it was time for us to go eat supper and then head to the concert.
We ate our favorite place "CHILLI'S", bring on the buffalo chicken salad!!!!!
When we got to the concert, we new that our tickets were on the floor, we just didn't know how close to the stage we were going to be. Well, let me tell you, we could see all the performers and yet we weren't close enough where our hearts started taking a different beat, following the base. All of you know what I'm talking about, you have all had those seats! The ones where the only way that you can talk to the person beside you is to scream into their ear!!! It's all coming back now, isn't it.
John Waller opened the show, it was just him, his guitar player and drummer. They did good. The next act, was a group called Leeland, I had never heard of them, but Sherry knew a couple of their songs. I posted a link of one of their songs that I really liked, the song is called "Opposite Way".
Then the moment we were all waiting for, it was CASTING CROWNS time!!! They did such a great job, I thought that I had seen them before in concert, but I was wrong, I would have remembered! Sometimes you go to concerts and you can tell that it isvery much a "performance". This was not the case at all with Casting Crowns, they were there to "worship", I found myself at different times just closing my eyes and listening worshiping with them. There were two songs that they sang where an artist came out and painted on this black screen, it was incredible! I posted a video of a Jesus painting that this man had down at a church service. The video is 9 minutes long, but it is really neat.
By the time the concert was over with, I was ready to go home and sleep, I had such a fun day!!!!
Then.............Sunday night I went to my Kickball game and yours truly caught her first ball. It was awesome!!!! I had this feeling that I was going to be getting the next ball and so I said a little prayer and it was answered!!!! Apparently I had a little look of shock on my face when the ball was caught!! I probably wasn't the only one either! I was told I had great form, I'm not exactly sure what kind of form you should have when playing kickball, but I'm glad I had it! So far our team is undefeated!!!! Yeah!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun weekend for you and Sherri. And congrats on making the out in kickball. Good onya!
Post a Comment