I know this maybe hard for some of you to believe this, especially since you know how big of a Country Music Fan I am, or at least was.
I just want to know what happened to good Country Music, now I know that I am going to get a lot of comments of "They have never had good Country Music". If you feel that way, you might as well just stop reading now! :-)
I am so sick of hearing Gary Allen's "Sitting Out Here Watching Airplane's" or songs from Luke Bryant, Blake Shelton, Montgomery Gentry, Jason Michael Carrol, Trent Tomlson and many more. Not only are the songs incredibly stupid, but their voices almost make my ears bleed!
Now, I do have to say, I really enjoy Josh Turner, he's got a great voice and his songs are good. Hopefully, he will have a long career.
I was even a big fan of Keith Urban's until I listened to his last cd. I had pre-ordered it and when I got it, I listened to the whole thing into work one morning (this was when I was still living in Murfreesboro), I was so mad by the time I got into work, it wasn't even funny!!!! I haven't listened to it since.
I find myself now listening to WSM Radio, that plays more of the older country. Like Kathy Mattea, Patty Loveless, Shenandoah, Sawyer Brown, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Alabama, and Reba McEntire.
Thankfully, they are still playing George Strait on the regular radio stations.
I know that Country Music radio always goes through a period where nothing good comes out for a little while, but this stretch of bad country music is getting ridiculous.
Okay, I think I am done with my little tirade.
Oh..............and then you have the play list that is 5 or 6 songs long before they repeat them. The radio stations could easily go at least 1 day with out repeating a song. Who do I need to talk to?
Wow!!!! I'm all fired up, stay out of my way!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood right now but I know they are also more pop then country.
Oops I forgot to put my name on the last comment. So I will write something else.
I also agree that a radio station should be able to go a whole day without repeating songs.
Liz
Ok, I don't think I have heard of Luke Bryant, Trent Tomlson, or Jason Michael Carrol. But then you know my opinion because you told me to stop reading... LOL.
I do like some of the popish country okay.
Post a Comment