You can imagine how surprised and angry I was at the gas station this afternoon when I saw the cover of Nashville Scene. There, right out for everyone to see was Ms Kelly Pickler in the slinkiest swimsuit laying on some money and holding a wad of cash. The caption read "Stimulate Your Summer!"
This has pretty much upset me the whole afternoon, I am so sick of images like this all over the place. I know...I know...it's not about creative writing and marketing anymore, it's just about sex.
I decided to write to the editors of the Nashville scene and give them my 2 cents worth. I thought I would include it in my blog. I tried leaving a message on Kellie Pickler's website, but was unable to do that.
It would be nice to see Kellie Pickler using her brain instead of her "plastic" body, but for those of you that saw her on "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader", you already know that this poor thing doesn't have alot of brain cells to spare.
Okay, I am done bashing her, I need to really be praying for her and the choices that she is making for herself.
Article:
Wow! What a great way to trash up your magazine by putting a "whore"iffic picture of Kellie Pickler on the cover. I wouldn't be so surprised if this was on a Playboy magazine or a Maxim magazine or another trashy magazine that corrupts men and families. I am a single woman who is so sick of seeing how women are being degraded. I realize that it was Ms Pickler's choice to be on the cover, however, why can't we "stimulate" people by being creative. Putting a pretty girl in a sluty outfit isn't creative at all! Gee, I wonder why men struggle with pornography.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Tell us how you really feel. Seriously, what can you expect from a publication that was busted for printing prostitution ads?
Post a Comment