Monday, May 26, 2008

Katie Turns 8!


I can't believe that Katie is 8 years old! Time is really flying by!
I have to say that before I moved down here, I was concerned that Katie and I wouldn't be as close as we used to be. I am the only aunt that isn't married and doesn't have any children, so I was more readily available to play. When Katie started school, I was able to meet her for lunch a few times and then I started a tradition of spending 1/2 the day with her at school on or around her birthday! I know, that she enjoyed that, although, I would have to say, I probably enjoyed that time more!
I have been able to keep the birthday tradition alive so far even with being down here. I don't know how that will work when her birthday falls in the middle of the week!
Anyway, as I babble on, I am happy to report that our relationship is still very close. I may not play barbies or "house" with her. (Although, I did offer to be the grandmother that never came to visit!)She still comes and spends the night(s) with Aunt Stace when I go back to visit and I love that!
I know that as she will get older, Aunt Stace is not going to be as much "fun" or as "cool" as I am right now and that's okay. ALTHOUGH, I would totally be fine with her thinking that I am always "Fun" or "Cool" Aunt Stace!
Here are some pictures from her birthday party! Disclaimer: The only reason why I bought her a "Spongebob Squarepants" pinata, is because mom reminded me that we would be beating it up!!! I think I loathe "Spongebob Squarepants" about as much as I loathe "Barney"!


They're never too young to start playing sports!


I almost forgot, Katie had a "Friends Birthday Party!" Where she got to invite 10 friends to go rollerskating. Family was also invited, so I jumped at that chance to go and hopefully do alittle "Roller Derby" with my brother and sister-in-law. Unfortunately the chickens wouldn't put on an skates on, so I was just left with tormenting my niece and her friends. Actually I didn't skate a whole lot. I was alittle shakey at first, but then it all came back to me.
I was surprised at alot of the 80's and 90's music that they played. I guess I thought that they would have updated their music.

No comments: