Sunday, when I went on my windy walk around the neighborhood. I came across a very large turtle clinging to life in one of the water drain thingies. You know they are on the side of the road, they have this grill that you can walk over and then there is this open gap...anywho...I wasn't sure if I should try and get him, because I was afraid that the turtle would panick and fall and then I would have more of a dilema of having to try and save him from the bottom of the drain. I happened to have gloves on because it was so windy. So I moved in for the rescue and mister turtle didn't move, maybe he sensed my calm collective persona...or maybe he just didn't care, he wanted help!
I got him out and told him that I would be back in 30 minutes. I figured that would give him time to calm down from his tramatic ordeal and that he would be able to be on his way, if he wanted. However, if he was still shook up and needed a place to stay, I would take him home with me. Having not shared this information with my roommate (Kim, aka owner of the house) I was thinking of ways that she would be excited about having a turtle as well. Now, I wasn't planning on keeping him in the house, Kim's got a great yard, fenced in and everything, so I thought this would just be a turtle haven. While walking(at a quicker pace then normal), I was thinking of all the things that we would do together (yeah because there are so many!)and I was thinking of a great name for my new found friend.
All my ideas came to a crashing halt when I came back to the rescue site and mister turtle was gone!
Oh well, maybe I'm just not really ready yet for the committment of a turtle!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you report a turtle-napping?
LOL, you crack me up! :)
I'm sorry for your loss. And I am so very proud of you.
Stacy, you know Turtles like to take things slow, so getting them to commit so soon, was probably not going to happen. Now here is what the turtle was thinking. Does this woman know how long it took me to get in that water drain, now I have to start all over. P.S. Ever see turtles in a pond, or sea turtles? You are so funny Stacy, you always make me laugh, God Bless you for that.
In Christ,
John
Post a Comment